公告:为给大家更好的使用体验,同城网今日将系统升级,页面可能会出现不稳定状态,由此给您带来的不便,敬请谅解!
升级时间:2016-7-24 11:00 -- 2016-7-24 15:00

澳洲同城网

查看: 2411|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[教育补习] Is Chinese hard to learn?

[复制链接]

主题

金豆

积分

Lv1

性别
保密
积分
金豆
鲜花
主题
帖子
注册时间
2018-6-4
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2018-6-19 15:47:16 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式 来自: 上海徐汇区

马上注册,结交更多同城好友,享用更多功能!

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
When other English speakers find out that I’m learning Chinese, they often admit that they are too daunted to even try. But just how difficult is it for the average English speaker to learn Chinese?
The answer is, surprisingly, that it’s not that difficult if you’re willing to commit to learning a new language. As an adult it’s not as easy to pick up a language just by hearing it: you have to study and memorize vocabulary and grammatical structures, as well as use them. This takes time and effort. Unless you’re a genius, you can’t learn a new language without time and effort; that’s just the way it is. Chinese is just like any other language in this respect.
Since I imagine you shaking your head in disagreement, I will say that Chinese can be difficult. Let’s look at some of the most difficult aspects of learning Chinese first.
Chinese characters, or hanzi
There are apparently over 80,000 Chinese characters, which can seem pretty intimidating! Luckily, you only need to know 3,500 in Standard Chinese. This might still seem like a lot, but you can actually get by with only 1,000 of the most frequent characters and still read almost 90% of publications. That makes it a lot less scary, doesn’t it? And once you start learning the characters, like any vocabulary, you have to practise, practise, and practise!
Tonal language? What’s that!?
ModernMandarin Chinese is a tonal language, meaning that words differ in meaning based on tone as well as pronunciation. Modern Mandarin Chinese has four tones (five if you count neutral tone) and depending on tone used can change the meaning of a sound, such as from the number eight bā to the term for dad bà.  See the chart below for more examples with the sound ba.
TONEPINYIN DIACRITICCHINESE SIMPLIFIED CHARACTERPINYINAUDIOMEANING
first tonehighˉClick to listeneight
second tonerisingˊClick to listento pull out
third tonefalling and risingˇClick to listento hold, a handle, counter
fourth tonefallingˋClick to listendad
neutral toneflat(none)baClick to listenused at the end of an imperative to soften it

This can be confusing for English speakers because we often use tone over a sentence such as a rising intonation to signify a question. In Chinese, tones are linked to each syllable’s meaning, so changing the tone can change the meaning entirely!  That can be difficult to get a handle on. The good news is that if you’re a musical person, this probably will be easier for you, but even if you’re tone deaf, you can still get by. As one of my Chinese professors used to say, context matters. In fact, Chinese speakers might still understand you from context; it just might take a bit longer! Of course, I’m not recommending you don’t try to learn the correct tones, as you can say some funny things if your tone is off. Compare:
我要水饺 wǒ yāo shuǐjiǎo (I want/would like some dumplings) with
我要睡觉wǒ yāo shuìjiào (I want/would like to go to sleep)
The easy parts…
I’m not trying to convince you that Chinese is difficult, so let’s look at what makes it easy to learn.
There are a limited number of sounds in Chinese, approximately only 1,200 syllables (yes, that includes tones!). Does that sound like a lot? It’s far fewer than English, which has over 8,000 syllables. If you can handle 8,000 in English, surely 1,200 isn’t so bad for another language entirely…
The best part about learning Chinese is the grammar. Chinese grammar is pretty straightforward for English speakers. Most sentence structures are similar to English, and to help simplify things even more, Chinese has no verb conjugations, declinations (think Latin, German, or Russian), or hardly any inflections at all. More simply put – no irregular verbs, no verb tables, no noun plurals, no gendered parts of speech or worrying about agreement. For all you students of school Latin, French, German, or Spanish, I think you know what I’m saying here!
I may not have convinced you to learn Chinese, but I hope you’ll find the idea a little less scary.
For more, check out these Chinese language facts.

免责声明
澳洲同城网是一个免费的公共信息平台,网站内容由网友自由发布,发布者拥有所发布信息的版权同时承担相应责任; 若所发布信息侵犯了您的权利,请反馈给澳洲同城网,我们核实后将进行相应处理!
官方微信公众号
澳洲同城网官方公众号
微信上也能找工作,找房子?关注万能的同城网官方公众号 localsyd,找到你找不到!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

外汇平台
金牌家政
汽车网

wuliu
你想了解我们吗?
联系我们
关注我们
官方微博 官方Facebook 官方Twitter